Friday, October 2, 2009

My small collection


I have a collection of Dr. Ledoux's Critter Splitters. I bought the majority of them at Kidrobot when they were trying to unload them (for $1 each!). I am only a couple of figures away from completing the collection. Each toy is interchangeable, so you can create your own creatures. I have to admit that I have never done this. I like them the way they are. The Yeti-looking one is my favorite!





Jesse Ledoux is the artist responsible for this 2007? series, and I recently discovered that he also designed the album covers for a bunch of bands I love. Like this CD packaging for the Shins 







I also have a handful of Frank Kozik's mini Labbits. Thanks to my lovely boyfriend, I also have a series 1, 5" Happy Labbit. The best present a boyfriend has ever bought me :)




Recently I have been very intrigued by Treeson designed by Bubi Au Yeung and produced by Crazy Label. I am completely in love. I'm seeing a connection between the Treeson and my attachement to Ledoux's Yeti . . . . I am seriously thinking about investing in the latest 8" Treeson (2009)- Pink Treeson with Bubblefun, edition of 500. Each Pink Treeson comes with a white Bubblefun and a four-pack is available for purchase separatley with three other "flavors" designed by Bubi, and a fourth by one of a handful of artist collaborators.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment