Friday, October 2, 2009

Just Learning

Hi! I am just starting the process of writing my master's thesis. I am working toward being a Master" in the "History of Decorative Arts, Design, and Visual Culture"- a degree which is often hard to explain. :)
I have decided to write about designer art toys. I first saw such a toy at an exhibition at the Cooper Hewitt three years ago. Since, I have been to Kidrobot and picked up several mini-figures. Kidrobot, until I started this project, was my only introduction in the world of these toys, which, to me, seems bigger and bigger every day! At this point, I have decided to start blogging while I infiltrate this world of art toys and try to hash out my thesis. I want to start a conversation about what I'm finding and learning along the way. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment